Welcome To (Back To?) Misplaced Grace
Welcome Planet Atheism Readers!
After a few weeks away from my blog and the internet, I come back to find out that I have finally been included in the Planet Atheism blogroll! I am overjoyed and honored at the prospect of reaching a much larger audience.
For those of you who are reading this blog for the first time, Misplaced Grace is the blog of George W., a part time blogger from Northern Ontario, Canada. Expect to see a focus on atheism, skepticism, and science treated both seriously and lightly. I also regularly blog about whatever else piques my interest; politics, social justice issues, philosophy, Canadiana, and nerd-crack. In fact, if you are an American reading this, you may want to completely ignore my posts during a Canadian election cycle unless you really have an interest in Canadian politics.
Happy Holidays Everyone!
I feel like I have some explaining to do to the five or so regular readers of this blog. I have been, whether noticeably or not, absent from the blogosphere for over a month and a half now.
Well I am back…
But that doesn’t explain to Jason, or Jeremy, or Sinned, or my Minion where exactly I have been. Well here is the lowdown…..
I have been busy with a few projects….
- I decided to do some continuing education. I don’t want to give away the nature of this course yet, but I assure you I’m not pursuing my Masters in Theology or studying to become a priest or rabbi or anything crazy like that.
- I have been researching in the hopes of being able to start up a Freethinker’s organization or something similar in my city. I may be picking some of your brains on this project.
- As those of you who have facebooked me know, I was pretty tied up with an election campaign for a friend this fall.
- I am trying to hash out a rough draft for a fiction book that I have been obsessing over for the past two and a half months.
- I have been working on a local basic cable project with a friend.
- I got Netflix on my Wii. Oh, and the original Final Fantasy.
So, yes, most of my time has been spent on #6. There are so many good documentaries on Netflix. Bad ones too. I finally watched Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed because Netflix is free for the first month and that means I didn’t have to spend any money on something I knew going in was going to be absolute crap. I was not proven wrong.
I watched 2012:Doomsday on Jason’s suggestion. It is even worse than he gives it credit for. My full review is going to be my next post.
I also beat FF twice. Once with F-T-Rm-Rm and once with F-F-Wm-Bm. Jason and Sinned are likely the only people who understood the last two sentences. That game is still epic twenty years on….
So that is what has been going on. I guess I just needed a breather.
I’m going to try to get back on pace…..